A gap year can be many things to many people. It could be a time to recharge, a journey of self-discovery, an opportunity to find out what you want to do with your life, and for most, it is the adventure of a lifetime.
We are proud to say that Warriors has been running its Gap Year Program for over 16 years and is accredited by the International Gap Year Association. For many, the program has been the catalyst that young adults have needed to pursue their dreams and goals.
The Gap Year Program at Warriors Academy is focused on equipping students with the skills needed to succeed in university, the corporate world and life in general. This is done through a structured, safe and well-designed itinerary.
What will the year look like?
- The full year is broken up into four action-packed seasonal Quests
- The development of emotional fitness, self-belief and confidence, critical thinking, problem-solving, self-correction and resilience through self-mastery workshops and personal coaching
- Each Quest is made up of several structured adventure activities. These include everything from, from fire-walking, horse riding, kloofing expedition to a Scuba course in Mozambique at Ponta do Oura and so much more. *All activities are subject to weather and availability
- Community service in the form of volunteering time and fundraising for different causes close to Warriors hearts like the SPCA, a local school, a local nursing home and beach clean-ups to name a few
- Creating awareness for how we live and the effect that this has on the environment
- Lessons on workplace readiness, workshops on building your own personal brand, entrepreneurship etc.
We are proud to say that the Warriors Academy runs one of the best gap year programs in South Africa. The Gap Year Program is also the stepping stone for the Multi-Activity Adventure Instructor Program for those wishing to pursue a career in outdoor activity, adventure training or adventure tourism. For more information on each Quest, please click here.